1. I am going to New Orleans in THREE WEEKS. Holy shit. Have you been? Where should I go? What should I eat? TELLMETELLMETELLME!!! I'm afraid...
2. I made these cookies last weekend and omfgtheyweresogood. SO good. It's not fair to call them White Chocolate Cherry Cookies... because the highlights aren't limited to the white chocolate and dried cherries... but to the oatmeal! and maple syrup! and cinnamon! Do make these, you won't regret it. Note that the recipe says it yields "just over 2 dozen" and I easily got 50 cookies.
eeekk I wish I still had some left!
3. We had our engagement pictures last weekend - they were such a riot! I wanted some cute pictures to put on a save-the-date card so we did a whole shoot and had a few chalkboards involved with our date displayed. We used the same photographer that we have booked for the wedding. It was nice to get to know her and get a bit of practise in front of the camera before our big day.
One of the most normal pictures...
4. I actually did THIS last week - cleaned my make-up brushes, that is. And you know what? It was gross. Gross because the water turned so brown and terrible and I was immediately ashamed. BUT it was also awesome because it worked really well and was very quick and simple. I will be doing this again... hopefully before 5 years is up like last time...
5. HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY. You know what I'm doing this weekend.
6. zee links fo zees week
- 10 Famous Films that Surprisingly Failed the Bechdel Test - or '10 Films that don't show two female characters having a conversation that isn't about men" CRAZY TOWN.
- I made this 'Winter Lentil Soup' yesterday but I browned turkey sausage and added that at the beginning. It was crazy good and I'm going to go eat some right now.
- 25 Food Trends for 2013 - yes to numbers 18, 21, and 23
- I'm basically obsessed with this song and now with this cover. Ahh T-Swift, you sing to my soul
Have a great weekend, team! We're taking down Christmas lights and WATCHING HOCKEY!!!