Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Favourites ver. 26

In which I post fun and favourite things from my week, semi-regularly... every-other... randomly... on Friday!  

1. I am going to New Orleans in THREE WEEKS. Holy shit. Have you been? Where should I go? What should I eat? TELLMETELLMETELLME!!! I'm afraid...

2. I made these cookies last weekend and omfgtheyweresogood. SO good. It's not fair to call them White Chocolate Cherry Cookies... because the highlights aren't limited to the white chocolate and dried cherries... but to the oatmeal! and maple syrup! and cinnamon! Do make these, you won't regret it. Note that the recipe says it yields "just over 2 dozen" and I easily got 50 cookies

eeekk I wish I still had some left!

3. We had our engagement pictures last weekend - they were such a riot! I wanted some cute pictures to put on a save-the-date card so we did a whole shoot and had a few chalkboards involved with our date displayed. We used the same photographer that we have booked for the wedding. It was nice to get to know her and get a bit of practise in front of the camera before our big day.  

One of the most normal pictures...

4. I actually did THIS last week - cleaned my make-up brushes, that is. And you know what? It was gross. Gross because the water turned so brown and terrible and I was immediately ashamed. BUT it was also awesome because it worked really well and was very quick and simple. I will be doing this again... hopefully before 5 years is up like last time...

5. HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY. You know what I'm doing this weekend. 

6. zee links fo zees week

Have a great weekend, team! We're taking down Christmas lights and WATCHING HOCKEY!!!

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh LOVE the cover of the Taylor Swift song, never heard that before! Also neat link about the Bechdel Test, never heard of that before either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I just want you to know that I sometimes read your posts on my phone and mark them as unread because I want to savor them in a real browser on my laptop so I can star food recipes and watch videos or read the links you post. This basically means that I can really read your posts once every couple of weeks, but I always read them! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks girl :) I know you're busy, thanks for taking the time to keep up to date on my insignificant life! xo

      Delete
  3. Hi.....follow you from Calgary. Just got back from NOLA last week on business and ate at 5 amazing spots. They are.....Annunciation, August, Lefitte, GW Fis, and Emeril's. Ate at the bar at the first two as it's more fun and you meet the locals. The host at Annunciation is a riot, the Amuse Bouche at August was to die for. Avoid Bourbon St unless you want to live Spring Break without the beach. My favourite thing was wandering around the residential part of the French Quarter taking pictures. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the tips! We're going for a Bachelorette Party so I fear Bourbon Street might be on the itinerary... hopefully I don't feel too old

      Delete
  4. Oh! I'm so envious of you (and now Kristin here) for your New Orleans trip! I think it might be my next destination so I hope you post all about it when you return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm bringing my new camera so hopefully I'll get some good shots, too. I'll for sure post a re-cap :)

      Delete
  5. It's been awhile, and I'm catching up. Hope NOLA was nice. Am getting through your link roundup... Horseradish is one of the food trends and I have much to say about growing your own if you're interested. In short, very easy, very pungent. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh I'm not sure I can get behind the horseradish train... Rob hates it. I'm jealous of your seemingly ever-green thumb!

      Delete