Books I read in 2012:
- The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien - finished the series! It look for.ever. but was worth it. Life List item checked off!
- At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks - I couldn't finish it. Not my style.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - ahhh this book was so delightful and I need to re-read it to catch all the little details.
- Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut - I liked it but not as much as Cat's Cradle.
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See - oh how sad! I sobbed.
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling - Hilarious. Her voice was in my head the whole time. I want to be her friend.
- The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides - worth the hype.
- Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan - the second book of the year that I couldn't finish. It's tedious and didn't take off very quickly. Yes, Gavin, I know I need to return this to you.
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman - very easy read and makes. so. much. sense.
- Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin - still reading this one as it travels through the months, another book that makes. so. much. sense.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - also currently reading and I can't put it down. The story unravels quickly but other parts slowly as you catch little phrase that elude to other mysteries... looking forward to seeing how it ends.
Hits: #3 was wonderfully bizarre and #5 was intense and kept me up well past my bedtime to finish.
Misses: #2 I will not attempt Nicholas Sparks again and #8 was too predictable.
Last year I vowed to keep better track of what I'm reading and I've accomplished this by opening a Goodreads account and keeping it up to date.
See my 2011 list here and other book chatter under the 'books' tag.
What did you read this year? What was your favourite? Add me on Goodreads!