1. I've basically gone nuts on Pinterest since posting this on Monday. It's kind of an "oh shit I told people to look at something, I'd better pin ALL OF THE THINGS!!". Needless to say, my 'what's for dinner?' board is filling up nicely.
2. I'm a little bit obsessed with trees. Anything with tree patterns or designs on it and I'm smitten. I almost bought every available item that David's Tea recently released with this new pattern but eventually settled on this set. It's adorable. Do you drink tea? You should try David's Tea. It's the best. I'm currently drinking a tea called 'red velvet cake'. Ya, cake flavoured tea. BAM.
The trees... I am in love
3. I bought Michael Smith's 'Best of Chef at Home' a few years ago and it's become quite the staple in my kitchen, specifically this recipe. It's a build-your-own salad dressing recipe where you swap in different sweeteners (honey, sugar, maple syrup) and other ingredients to get a variety of salad dressings. It's a little bit science and math and that's my bag, baby. The variations are down the side. Our favourite is the Fennel Balsamic which doesn't taste like licorice, thank goodness.
4. The living room project is coming along nicely and I've done MUCH painting over the past two weeks. There was some light grey, some chalkboard paint, and some VERY awesome purple that happened. The purple is the most dramatic so I'm saving it for a living room post, in the meantime here's what the chalkboard paint looks like. It's right next to the kitchen and we've been using it for menu, to-do list, and general calendar reminder type things. Future uses hope to include: board game score keeping, football pool tracking, and dog tracing.
Oh what's that... where has the ugly beige carpet gone? Ohhhh stay tuned!!
5. This is my 61st post this year!! I'm breaking records on the ol' Elbow.
6. Links this week:
- Chocolate Zucchini Cookies via Tasty Kitchen Blog - so many favourite things and ZOMG we all need more uses for all that zucchini.
- Cute idea to change up plain curtains via The Yellow Cape Cod
- Vegetable Shepherd's Pie via Bon Appetit - so much room for all that market bounty and so wonderfully comforting
- Ideal Bookshelf Art - they have pre-selected bookshelves for print OR you can order one with YOUR favourite books on it. The most awesome gift idea EVER. I would get ten prints just so I wouldn't have to leave out any of my favourite books.
- I have been dreaming about these Sugared Toasted Almond Cupcakes via How Sweet Eats since it was posted. I need to make these STAT.
- I've been laughing about this post all day - what would your name be if you parents combined their names? So much hilarity. My friend Caitie would be Jozra which we refitted to be JAWS-RAH. Another friend would be Tron. Ahhhh so much fun.