Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Favourites ver. 22

In which I post fun and favourite things from my week, semi-regularly... every-other... randomly... on Friday! 

1. I've basically gone nuts on Pinterest since posting this on Monday. It's kind of an "oh shit I told people to look at something, I'd better pin ALL OF THE THINGS!!". Needless to say, my 'what's for dinner?' board is filling up nicely.

2. I'm a little bit obsessed with trees. Anything with tree patterns or designs on it and I'm smitten. I almost bought every available item that David's Tea recently released with this new pattern but eventually settled on this set. It's adorable. Do you drink tea? You should try David's Tea. It's the best. I'm currently drinking a tea called 'red velvet cake'. Ya, cake flavoured tea. BAM.

The trees... I am in love

3. I bought Michael Smith's 'Best of Chef at Home' a few years ago and it's become quite the staple in my kitchen, specifically this recipe. It's a build-your-own salad dressing recipe where you swap in different sweeteners (honey, sugar, maple syrup) and other ingredients to get a variety of salad dressings. It's a little bit science and math and that's my bag, baby. The variations are down the side. Our favourite is the Fennel Balsamic which doesn't taste like licorice, thank goodness.

4. The living room project is coming along nicely and I've done MUCH painting over the past two weeks. There was some light grey, some chalkboard paint, and some VERY awesome purple that happened. The purple is the most dramatic so I'm saving it for a living room post, in the meantime here's what the chalkboard paint looks like. It's right next to the kitchen and we've been using it for menu, to-do list, and general calendar reminder type things. Future uses hope to include: board game score keeping, football pool tracking, and dog tracing.

Oh what's that... where has the ugly beige carpet gone? Ohhhh stay tuned!!

5. This is my 61st post this year!! I'm breaking records on the ol' Elbow.

6. Links this week:

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Forever Nuts from David's. Epicure has a nice summer tea (lemon mango) that. I'm really enjoying right now and I went a little overboard in Minneapolis on my last trip and bought some nice combos from teavana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a Teavana here, too but David's Tea is Canadian so we try to stick to them. Love 'Forever Nuts' but more obsessed with 'Mother's Little Helper' it's like taking nyquil before bed!

      Delete