Friday, May 04, 2012

Friday Favourites ver. 14

In which I post fun and favourite things from my week, (almost) every Friday!

Hello friends! What a beautiful spring day here! Yesterday we got an old fashioned Spring storm and we slept with the windows open to feel the breeze and listen to the thunder.

Some things from my week:

1. I made these super easy and awesome meringue cookies. RB took them to work and a coworker commented that they taste like hot chocolate. Totally makes sense as they are crunchy/soft/crumbly and chocolatey.


2. The newest cookbook from Janet & Greta is 'The Looneyspoons Collection' which contains all their favourite recipes from their first 3 cookbooks. Full of easy and healthy recipes, it's my go-to book for simple week night meals.

3. I hope sunburst mirrors never go out of style so that when I finally get around to making one I won't look like I'm old fashioned.

4. Thou needs to get thyself to thy local market of farmer's! First crops are up in these parts - including asparagus and ramps. Hoping to get out tomorrow so I can test out this delightful Ramp Carbonara.

5. Did you know that the Canadian Mint struck the final penny today?

5. Last weekend I made THE. BEST. CUPCAKES. Seriously. Every other time I've said that I made the best cupcakes I was lying. This time I mean it. They are oreo cheesecake and I'm pretty sure everyone had 3. The key is cream cheese icing (chDUH) - next time you make it, whiz up 12 oreos in the food pro until it's totally crumbled, fold into icing. EVERY BODY WINS. Unless you don't like cream cheese icing, then we have something else to discuss...


Have a beautiful weekend friends, mine will be full of gardening, frisbee, and friends!

*I just went through this post and deleted 7 exclamation points. I have a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment