Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Favourites ver. 13

In which I post fun and favourite things from my week, every Friday!

Hello friends! There is finally a semblance of Spring in these parts! That means it has gone from super hot to super cold to kind of chilly and sunny... whatever, I'll take it!

As it is Friday and I haven't posted a favourite's list in a while, I present to you a month of favourites!

1. So many DIY's popping up all over the internet as Spring and gardening season is upon us.
SAS Interiors shows us how to make a terrarium, Making it Lovely gives us a different spin on a similar terrarium project. Terrariums seem to be this season's hottest gardening trend? Is that a thing? It is now!

2. This is a wonderful list of beauty tips from some beautiful bloggers. My favourite - WEAR SUNSCREEN. (duh)

3. My new favourite dinner party meal is all-dressed chili. Which is basically chili topped with everything in the fridge. This week I made my standard chili recipe and then set out little dishes or chopped cilantro, grated cheddar, sour cream, green onions, and toasted soft tortillas. Guests can add any or all toppings to their chili and every bite tastes different. It worked out great this week as the weather is still... CHILLY. hah. I also made this cornbread as a side and it added to the variety of toppings.

4. I spent most of last weekend making baby blankets for a variety of newly-babied-friends. I'm not going to direct you to any DIY in particular as there are literally hundreds and all produce different results depending on what you're looking for. There are so many that are dead simple. So simple that I made 4 of them in one afternoon. Seriously, anyone can do this. Oh, you can't sew? Sweet, it's on my Life List to teach someone! Call me ;)




Have a super great weekend to everyone! Back to our regularly scheduled programming on Monday with some CRAZY news... stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth (and her mom and dad) lover her "e" blanket!

    ReplyDelete