Friday, February 03, 2012

Friday Favourites ver. 9

In which I post fun and favourite things from my week, every Friday!

Hello friends! Have you had a shit-storm week like me? and I don't just mean that it's been snowing/raining/snowing/raining for 6 days... ah screw it, I'm DONE talking about the weather!

I'm headed to Kingston today after work for the annual CIRQUE Conference held at Queen's University. If you look at the schedule, you will see a familiar name in the 1:00pm time slot.

Excuse me while I barf.

I feel like I've been telling people for years that I love public speaking when in reality I love being finished public speaking. That feeling you get once you've just delivered a well executed and inspirational message is awesome. The 8 weeks prior when you are flipping out and power point keeps crashing are not so energizing.

BUT! I soldier on! Wish me luck!

On to the weekly favs!

1. Umm... how did I get away with not showing you this, yet? Sound, please. I love you, too ;)

2. I have the best gfs in the world. This weekend I was presented with the most amazing collage to hang in my office. This contributes to #52 on my Life List - Fill my house with art made by my friends. These girls have an awesome eclectic taste and have endeavored to fill their own apartment with collages and clocks. I love it.

Link
Nail polish, dogs, friends, climbing cats, children - it's practically a vision board for my life

3. I puppy-sat for Coworker PK yesterday. It was crazy, frustrating, silly, wet, and fun! I even took her on a trip to the grocery store. It was kind of neat to experience what it's like to train a service dog. I help PK out when I'm around but I was solo this time and she is a hand-full but has made a ton of progress. That and she loves Boomer, obvi.

4. We started Season 4 of Dexter on Wednesday and I DON'T THINK I CAN HANDLE IT. THE STRESS. JESUS. Hold me....

5. I'm participating in a photo-a-day challenge, posted details here. It's fun! You should try it.

6. Super Bowl Party, Sunday, Be HERE. It's going to be awesome. LET'S GO GIANTS!!!!
(I'm making chili, Mexican layer dip, and cupcakes)

1 comment:

  1. You and I love the same things about public speaking.

    Also, HOLLAAAAA about the shitstorm week. And by HOLLAAAAA, I clearly mean "WHEN IS IT TIME FOR A FRIDAY DRINK, FOR THE LOVE OF PETE?!"

    ReplyDelete