Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Favourites ver. 7

In which I post fun and favourite things from my week, every Friday!

1. I started reading The Return of the King this week. This puts me at 2/3 of the way through reading the series, and 2/3 of the way to accomplishing an item on my Life List! Fellowship was great, Two Towers dragged in the middle but ended with a BANG, hoping ROTK goes well...

2. I'm trying a new approach to finding inspiration for cooking dinner. When shopping for groceries, if there's a cut of meat on sale, I buy it. Then I come home and search for recipes. Lucky me, this week prime rib roasts were on sale. Also challenges my cooking skills.

3. I had my first Personal Training session on Monday. My ass still hurts. (hah, now THAT doesn't sound awkward...) I go back for #2 tomorrow. There are a lot of opinions on personal training. Yes, it's expensive and yes I could do it on my own. No, I wouldn't ever push myself that hard. So while it's pricey, it works.

4. This website - Corporate Twits. Twitter is a great way to get answers in the customer service department. These answers can be comical. Thank goodness someone is collecting them in a convenient website!

5. This clip from Super Troopers.

"Hey Farva, what's the name of that restaurant you like? With all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?"

"You mean Shenanigan's?"

I think I mentioned before that I can recite just about every line from '10 Things I Hate About You' and 'Mean Girls'... add 'Super Troopers' to that list. I think I can blame that movie for my failing first year.

Jesus I have shitty (awesome?) taste in movies...

6. For those that have mentioned it - I am on Pinterest. I just... don't... really... use... it? Please use the words 'WTF' and 'Pinterest' in the title of your hate mail so I can filter it. I'll try, when I have 8 hours to kill. Find me under my full name.

Here's a fun site that is encouraging me to pin more - Pinterest, you are drunk. Kind of like Regretsy but with less vaginas (so far).

This weekend I'm cooking some prime rib, sewing some baby clothes, playing some frisbee. Also, turning 50.

What's up with you this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. On your lack of use of pinterest to track your recipes - I'm very disappointed in you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baaaaahaha. I too am turning 50. Because Chris and I started a new schedule this week in which we wake up at 6:20am. So we are tired at 9pm.

    DON'T YOU LOVE BEING A YOUNG GERIATRIC? And yet, look at how much shit is GETTIN' DONE!

    Btw, I can't believe your meal plan/G cal extravaganza post. I died laughing with admiration.

    Btw2, you are visiting so soon! Hoo-freaking-ray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley5:14 PM

    LOL!!! Love the turning 50.....

    ReplyDelete