Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Favourites ver. 6

In which I post fun and favourite things from my week, every Friday!

1. I started writing in a journal on January 1st and I have written every day. It's a great outlet and I'd like to think I'm sleeping better as a result.

2. TEDxWaterloo applications opened last week!!!! You should totally apply!!!! It's going to be a ridiculously awesome day. I'm the Catering Lead for the day and it's shaping up to include some very awesome food. Just do it.

3. For my birthday I got a card from RB that said 'we're going to New York City!'. Which is... pretty incredible. We're planning the trip for March. Yes, I know the weather is going to suck but it can't be any worse than the weather here so I'm just not even considering it. When I was in Palm Springs in November the weather was brutal but I still had a great experience. Let's hope the same for NYC.

4. I love pulled pork. Seriously. If you eat pork, you should be making it once a week. I got a 4 lb roast for $4 this week and it's going to feed us 4 meals. I make this recipe. When it comes to forcing my beliefs on people, let this be the one you actually consider.

5. I got asked to speak at a conference in the first week of February. When I said yes back in November I didn't have many details. It has since surfaced that I need to speak for 50 minutes. Fifty minutes. As Crosie would say 'that is ALL of the minutes'. All of them. I realize this is neither 'fun' for me nor a 'favourite'. Perhaps you'll find pleasure in my misery? Let's go with that.

6. This picture...

Way to go, Neville.

7. Last weekend RB and I had tickets to the Leafs vs. Wings game. It was close to perfection.
- I got to wear my Yzerman jersey
- We had GOLD CENTRE ICE seats (HUGE Thank you to RB's fam)
- A guy in the row above us chucked a squid on the ice
- That's all that needs to be said.

Warm up from our gold's

We are ancient rivals but we make it work.

1 comment:

  1. So much of this made me laugh. But especially Neville. WOOOO.

    ReplyDelete