Monday, December 12, 2011

Murphy's Law Strikes Again

Whenever something inconvenient arises in my life I tend to reference Murphy's Law in some capacity. Usually a combination of "if things can go wrong, they will go wrong" and "If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong" with the corollary "at the most inopportune time".

Here's the thing though, it's never an 'opportune' time for your car to break down. It's never an 'opportune' time to lock yourself out of the house. And today, it was not an opportune time for the dog to get sick in about 6 different ways.

I could say that it was most inconvenient because:
1. It's Monday
2. It's the week before I leave on holidays and I have lots of work to get done,
3. It's the week before the holidays and dropping my Visa card at the vet is not on my wish list.

But really, had it been 6 months ago I would have said it was inconvenient for 3 other reasons. Some things just aren't ever convenient. Sick dog is one of them.

I'll spare you the bad details. The jist of it is that he needed to go to the vet. X-rays were taken, meds were prescribed, home we went. I put all THREE soiled dog beds in the wash and hoped for a better afternoon.

Not so much.

So now here I am at 6:20pm pretty much just starting my workday. Awesome.

I can't WAIT to have kids. I bet I'll become a regular contributor to Murphy's Law.

No comments:

Post a Comment