Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Favourites ver. 5

In which I post fun and favourite things from my week, every Friday!

1. TODAY! Is my last day of work before I'm on holidays for TWO. WEEKS. So many things are going on over the next two weeks I'm sure it'll fly by

2. I made more Christmas cooking this week including these Monster Cookies from The Pioneer Woman (with xmas coloured smarties, duh) and these Peanut Butter Etc Blossoms from Bakerella. Both are super easy and make lots of cookies.

Peanut Butter Blossoms. I found a variety of kisses (cookies & cream, almond, etc) and even tried different chocolate cups (caramel, peanut butter, etc).

3. This soup. It is O.M.GOD. Amazing. Seriously. Even if you just make the soup, but the cheese topping is worth it. It's super simple, you could use an immersion blender if you don't have a food-pro. Trust me. Make this. If you're not following Smitten Kitchen you're missing out.

Straight out of the oven. I used marble rye on top. I could eat this everyday.

4. Tomorrow night, PK & I are hosting a board games night at my place. There will be puppies and games. And puppy games. and Guesstures.

Not quite small enough to fit on the stairs but nice try, bud.

5. We're going to see Stuart McLean on Tuesday for his annual Christmas concert. I grew up listening to the Vinyl Cafe on CBC Radio. It's a classically Canadian outing and I hope to continue to go as long as the show comes to Kitchener. Technically this item is for next week but I'm so pumped for it, I think I will listen to podcasts all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment