Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Let's make a list

I'm realizing that the easiest way to get over bloggers-block is to either post pictures or make a list. I've posted many pictures lately so let's go with a list today.

I read this on Sweetapolita's blog this AM and I think I will do the same.

As I'm turning 26 in just over a month let's go with...

26 Random Things About Me
  1. I slept with a stuffed dog well into my 20s. He was my first stuffed animal (from my granny) and I still have him (though now he's on a shelf). He is in surprisingly good shape.
  2. I am obsessed with my fingernails. I keep them as long as possible and try to keep them painted as much as possible.
  3. I had really long hair until first-year. When I was a kid I couldn't understand why my mom kept insisting that I cut it. Years later I realized it was because she was the one responsible for washing, brushing, and braiding it. Thanks, mom for letting me keep it all those years.
  4. I have always drank black coffee. I've tried coffee with cream/sugar in it but it just tastes like a chocolate bar so I stick to black.
  5. I was in French Immersion until the end of Grade 8 (at which point it was no longer offered). I also did a 3 month stay in a small Quebec town. My french was great, it has since deteriorated.
  6. I can fit my fist in my mouth.
  7. My favourite movie shifts between Rain Main and Good Will Hunting.
  8. Don't sit next to me while watching Mean Girls or 10 Things I Hate About You. I know ALL the lines and I will recite them.
  9. I think Daniel Craig is the hottest Bond so far. Choosing a blond was perfect.
  10. I have never eaten a fast food burger (or chicken burger, fish burger, BIG MAC etc) with the exception of 2 Harvey's veggie burgers in 2nd year.
  11. If I could only eat one food item for the rest of my life it would be hard to choose between french fries and strawberries. Who am I kidding - french fries.
  12. I recently took up crafting again (after a university hiatus) and now I try to make EVERYTHING.
  13. I am obsessed with CBC Radio 1. Especially on Saturday and Sunday.
  14. While I excel at cooking, baking, sewing, crafting, cleaning, and many other household tasks, I fail at gardening.
  15. I have a dog at the moment and I hope to overlap every dog I have so that I am never dogless.
  16. I know several different line dances and I want to teach you
  17. I grew up in the middle of nowhere, more nowhere than you've ever seen. I had a tree-house and a giant yard where dogs roamed free. It was pretty epic.
  18. I don't have any tattoos and I don't want any
  19. I do, however, have 5 piercings in my ears. All of which I got within 6 months when I was in grade 11, all of which got seriously infected. They are better, now.
  20. I hated breakfast pretty much until I graduated university. Now, it is THE BEST and I will preach that you should eat breakfast everyday. And brunch on the weekends.
  21. I've contemplated being vegetarian several times. Strangely, I think I could easily give up chicken but the problem lies with steak and bacon.
  22. I am very competitive when it comes to board games
  23. I played volleyball and basketball as a kid but then decided managing the team was more up my alley, I also figure skated. I now play ultimate frisbee and hockey.
  24. My favourite number is 19, fav hockey players are Yzerman & Toews (both wear 19), fav colour is green, fav season is fall, fav meal is lasagna.
  25. I have very neat handwriting.
  26. After having an older brother and spending 6 years in Engineering, I am awkward around girls and have trouble making friends with them, I'm learning :)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like #14 is a result of #2, also #13, 18, 22, and 26: me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call bull on #26.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your childhood home sounds heavenly! And I think going to an immersion school is a great thing - I'll bet if you were in a French-speaking location, it would come right back to you.

    Bacon is a food group. Seriously.

    As for number 26? Pffft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol love you ladies.

    and to the 'unknown' commenter. Are we friends? How did I do it?

    But srsly, for 26, I guess my faking it is working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're awkward around girls, I failed to notice. (Although I tend to be awkward around cool chicks with amazing haircuts, and we got on just fine.)

    ReplyDelete