Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hugo

Please don't send hate mail.

Last night, we went to see 'Hugo' at the theatre.

I didn't like it.

In fact, I fell asleep more than once.

Ok, so I was hopped up on cold medicine and I'd been shopping and on the train for 8 hours. I was more tired than normal.

But still.

BO. RING.

The plot was thin and they tried to thicken it up, unsuccessfully. I was expecting magic, there wasn't any. I was expecting more train crashing (as shown in the preview), it was minimal. I guess I shouldn't go in with expectations but isn't that what trailers are for?

The cinematography was AMAZING. The movie is beautiful. Paris looks beautiful from the top of the station tower with snow falling delicately. That component was superb. We saw it in 3D and it was very well done.

Otherwise, ppbbbtttttt.

Of our party of 4, one person did like so if you think it's your kind of thing then by all means, give it a shot. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Wait, wait. You went to see a movie this weekend and it wasn't The Muppets? Bad call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya. I know. Muppets was my first choice but it was vetoed (wtf)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww! As you know - i loved Hugo. I thought it was sweet and magical and Amelie-esque, which i love. I loved the soundtrack and the costumes and the sets and Ben Kingsley - especially in the flashbacks! i thought the 3D was not over the top and annoying - but just right. (We took our niece and she couldn't help herself from trying to touch the snowflakes in one of the opening scenes - adorable)

    Sad you didn't like it... but if we all liked the same thing... yadda yadda yadda...

    Coincidentally - i never saw the trailer - so maybe that made me like it more?

    ReplyDelete