Saturday, November 05, 2011

Horror Movies

There's no prompt for today! What's with the no-weekend prompt :(

Well, let's talk about what's been on my mind lately. Horror movies. Specifically, Paranormal Activity.

Let's back up.

I hate horror movies. I can count on my fingers how many I have seen in my life.

(INSIDER TIP - THAT'S LESS THAN FIVE!! Ooooo shocker.....)

1. The Shining
2. Some weird Chucky movie (Bride of Chucky?)
3. Silence of the Lambs
4. Something stupid on superstation
5.... that's all I can remember.

The point is: I HATE them.

When I saw The Shining it was under the WORST circumstances. I was in middle school (maybe 12?) and I was at my friends cottage (middle of nowhere) and it was late. Her mom was out. We (me, my friend, her sister) decided to watch The Shining in the all-window sun-room. WTF

IDIOTS.

Needless to say, I swiped open the shower curtain every time I walked into a bathroom for years after that. Also, I'll never do a garden maze. I'm mostly over it.

Silence of the Lambs was surprisingly good. It's one of those horror/drama/not really horror movies. And it won awards so it's all good. No issues.

I really haven't pursued any other horror movies. I don't like them, they can stay over there with the butterflies.

Then, Paranormal Activity came out. First, the first movie... then the sequel... and now #3 is out.

I have not seen these movies. I have seen the previews. I hate television.

On Monday night, coincidentally also Halloween, RB had hockey at 11:15pm. This meant that he was leaving the house at 10:45pm and back around 12:40am. What a dick head.

I'm not going to tell you that I lay awake with my light on until 12:39am until I heard him unlock the door at which point I turned my light off and pretended to sleep. I'm not going to tell you that because then you'd now I'm a giant piece of chicken shit.

So let's just leave it at: I hate horror movies and I REALLY hate horror movie previews,

2 comments:

  1. This post made me giggle because I loooove horror movies and am very sad they don't scare me anymore =/

    Next time this happens to you just take a note from the tagline for the 70's flick "The Last House on the Left" --> To avoid fainting, keep repeating: "It's only a movie, only a movie, only a movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you...hate them. Lately Dan has been whining that I never watch them with, specifically paranormal activity....I say I have my romantic comedies, he has his horror flicks, and we can meet in the middle for everything else.

    ReplyDelete