Saturday, November 26, 2011

Best thing I ever ate

Whew! I almost missed my deadline! What a shame that would be to fail with 5 days left!

Thank goodness I had the mind to write something while on the train.

Have you seen the show on Food Network 'The best thing I ever ate'?. Its all about celebrity chefs talking about the best thing they ever ate from a specific category. For example 'cake' or 'salty'. I'm sitting on the train back to Pickering & here are a few things I can think of:

1. Beef: the steak @ Salvatore's Grand Hotel in Buffalo. It was like butter.

2. Dessert: vanilla bean creme brulee @ TBK in Waterloo. I pretty much always love creme brulee, this one is divine, though I'm always looking to trump it.

3. Pasta: the spaghetti bolognese from Giorgio's in Banff. I could swim in it & eat it everyday from the rest of my life. (Italian is my fav food FYI so pasta deserves it's own category)

4. Ethnic: whatever indian dish I ate @ that place in Mississauga w/ GF. It was perfectly prepared & tasted even better the next day. I also love Indian food and this place wasn't fancy, it was traditionally prepared, simple, and perfect.

What are some of the best things you've ever eaten?

2 comments:

  1. Chinese street food at that vendor outside the acrobatic show. Spicy eggy pancake wrapped around a crunchy thing with veggies inside. Hot and gooooood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... Salvatore's must have seriously gone downhill since you ate there I'm sorry to say. I moved to Bflo 3 years ago, and finally made it to Salvatore's about a year ago. It was quite the experience! Mannequins in Christmas costumes... twinkly lights on the ceiling... but the food was downright bad. I was very disappointed. Then again, the restaurant is now being run by Salvatore's kids, and not Salvatore. He's moved on to a different restaurant - I hope to try it out and be blessed with the same experience you had!

    ReplyDelete