Monday, October 24, 2011

Charity: Water Fundraising

As you guys know, this November I will be heading down to Palm Springs to attend Camp Mighty, a blogger-centric camp with a focus on planning our life goals and raising some money for a good cause.

This is the part where I ask you for money!!

Each camper is in a group of 25 and we've been asked to raise $5000 as a team. I know I've got the best family & friends in the world so I know we can be a big support for my team!

The charity that's been chosen is "Charity: Water". While us Canadians/North Americans take for granted our seemingly unlimited supply of clean, drinking water, nearly 1 billion people worldwide don't have this privilege. Unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war. The great thing about this charity is that 100% of donations go directly to the project. Have a look here for more information.

Donating is easy and I appreciate every penny you can spare, there is no minimum donation limit. Head over here to donate to my team's campaign: Camp Mighty Team Four. Please put my name in the comment field.

As a bonus, if you donate $25 or more I will happily bake you a loaf of banana bread... or something that travels well if you're far away ;)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support!!

1 comment:

  1. "If you haven't any charity in your heart you have the worst kind of heart trouble" to cure it help people, let's unite for one good cause, be a volunteer"save lives"!

    ReplyDelete