Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Screw this...

... I'm no longer going to search for that perfect topic and make sure it's perfectly executed. That's being an author, not a blogger. I'm going to make a genuine effort to post more. Quality not guaranteed.

A few things on my mind these days:

1. I finally saw 'The Social Network'. I. Loved. It. I'll be honest, I have a bit of a crush on facebook, I've had an account pretty much since it became available to Canadian university students. I've been through all the updates and the backlash and then the forgetting of the updates and the start of the newsfeed and... etc etc. I loved this movie because I felt like it could have happened in my life. I was studying at a supreme geek university in a supreme geek program. Those guys could have easily been my friends. I've heard those conversations and I've seen guys ditch girls so they can get home before their idea is lost. In addition, the music is amazing (Trent Reznor FTW) and the acting is awesome (if Jesse Eisenberg would cut his hair I might even extend my crush to him).

2. Home improvements have finally started. Oh right, I never got around to telling you I bought a house... 3 months ago... blogger fail. I painted a few rooms, hung some curtains, started collecting things to hang on the walls, it's coming together pretty nicely. I'm trying hard not to spend too much money because we need a new roof come spring. Stupid uninspiring, boring but necessary projects.

3. I don't want to jinx it but I've been to the gym at least 4 times per week since the first week of January. I'm finally taking this shit seriously. No more excuses. I'm also going to Jamaica in February so that's a bit of inspiration. I've also booked an appointment with an RMT and have a session with a personal trainer to work out some posture issues. Turns out I'm crooked and it's painful. It's unlikely that I'll sign up for a package with a PT, they are hella $$. Have you ever used one? Was it worth it?

4. My dog is still cool and awesome. He also has a fully fenced backyard. Based on what I spent on the fence my dog is also crazy spoiled in addition to being awesome.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. WHOA! Hey! Happy return to blogging world!

    To your question re: PT - yep. did it for 6 months. it was awesome! Expensive, but awesome. I was ripped and also ran a 5k. (something i thought i would never do because i hate physical activity and am the laziest person in waterloo region).

    So yes, try it!
    H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Just watched it last night and loved it too.
    2. We need a new roof too...:(
    3. I use a trainer and its awesome. Definitely keeps you motivated and on the right track!

    ReplyDelete