Monday, July 05, 2010

The Project

I've been thinking about this for quite a while... I may have even blogged about it at one point... I really enjoy writing letters. I will write to anyone, (just about) anywhere, about anything. If you write to me, I will write you back with such speed and vigor that you can't help but think "this girl needs a life". Call me old fashioned, I just love writing to people.

The problem I have run into on many occasion... no one else on this planet seems to share this love. I have yet to find a single person willing to be my penpal*. When I was young I was batting away penpal requisitions like I was the featured lady at the Bunny Ranch. Did I mention that the term 'email' had yet to go mainstream?

Thanks, Internet. You ruined my letter writing dreams.

The idea I have been throwing around is this: if my friends aren't writing me back, why not write to people that are even less likely to write back? What I'm saying is, I want to write to 'famous' people. My problem lies in the 'WHAT' category. WHAT should I write to them about? I'd like to have a single, refined question to pose to these people. This way I can encourage them to write back and perhaps I'll get some interesting answers from some interesting people.

Some ideas that I've considered are:
If your future self could leave a note for your 20 year old self, what would it say?
If you are in love or have been in love, when did you recognize it?
What would your last meal be and please send me the recipe.

Just some ideas, I'd love to hear from you if you can think of something better!

*to those noble individuals that have written to me I appreciate it IMMENSELY and I understand that letter-writing isn't for everyone and so it's alright and I'm happy to communicate via email and facebook from now on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment