Wednesday, April 07, 2010

New mission and a few pet peeves

I've been meaning to get this book for years now... "No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog" by Margaret Mason. I finally sucked it up and it arrived today. After flipping through it and seeing how wonderfully creative it is I've decided to see just how far this book can take me.

So starting with Idea #1... here I go...

#1 Reign Supreme: "All of us should learn to tolerate stupid people... but what if we didn't have to? If you ruled the world, things would be better, at least in a few small ways"

If I ruled the world and standard reality still applied (I'm an engineer after all) I would appease several pet peeves. I would decree that allowing ones garbage bag to overflow so the next person has to deal with the mess be punishable by DEATH... or a smart talking-to anyway. I would decree that any spoken grammar mistake be pointed out and all corrections be appreciated as if they were enhancements to your character, exceptions shall be made for children. I would decree that brushes in nail-polish jars be constructed to reach the BOTTOM of the jar and not 1/3 down.... ladies, you know (men too if you paint your nails). I would decree that trash talk be based on FACT and not EMOTION. No more of this 'Your team sucks because it's not my team' but rather 'Your team sucks because you didn't make the playoffs' and so on.

Going slightly towards unrealistic... all arguments be solved over dinner and drinks (alcoholic or non) and killing someone is not an approved method of negotiation.

That's all I've got for now, feel free to use Ms. Mason's ideas along with me... next idea is all about failure... should be fun, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment