Thursday, April 08, 2010

#2 Fess Up

"How do you fail? Do you constantly kill plants? Always take the last cookie? That's the stuff friends. To err is human, but to share? Divine."

Oh dear... what do I fail at?

Well the largest failure in my life would be the most legitimate also. I failed school. Back in first year, 17-year-old me had other things on my mind and no room for school. And so, I failed. It sucked. It eventually turned into the greatest thing that could have ever happened to me but the month of August 2004 was a serious shit storm.

Enough heavy depressing failures... I fail at COMPUTERS! I can get by doing day-to-day stuff but ask me about installing programs or changing any settings on... anything and I'm pretty useless. Just ask co-worker Matt, who is the lucky soul who gets to hear all about it. I have recently learned how to google my problems and have become less of a computer failure but I still have a long way to go. The irony is that 90% of my friends are supremely computer savvy... maybe that's why I never learned, I never had to! It's your fault, friends!

And lastly I fail at dishes. I HATE doing dishes and so... I don't. Well, not totally true. I just don't do them very often. I take great measures to rinse things and stack them nicely in the sink (therefore no smell and not so messy) but I take even greater measures to avoid doing them. I am the biggest supporter of the 'I cook, you clean' mantra. On the bright side I am endlessly grateful to anyone who does my dishes for me. My friends Caitie and Liz pretty much just expect that they'll be doing dishes when they visit. It's the exchange for a clean, dry place to sleep :)

Next installment of "No One Cares What I Had for Lunch": #3 Tell your readers about the presents you'll remember forever. Coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, those are my same fails! I did terrible first year University but honestly it was the best thing to have happened to me.

    I just put up a blog about my lack of skills in bloggy world.

    Lastly LOVE LOVE LOVE the mantra "I cook you clean".... and couldn't be happier with the addition of a dishwasher to our family in 19 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, to help you become computer savvy, I should stop helping you? Or better yet, I should come to you for help. Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what I was supposed to take away from that. That's a plan I can get behind!

    ReplyDelete