Saturday, July 11, 2009

SS update: Date #4

Well, WELL! Date #4 was last night. It was great!

Background...

On Canada Day, there are fireworks north of campus and pretty much the whole city goes. Naturally, I went with a few friends. We are chilling on the grass waiting for the show to start and I see my friend Mike standing nearby... I go over and say hello and then introduce myself to his friend.

"Hi, I'm Erica"
"I know, we've met"
"Uhhhh....*sticks foot in mouth*"

Later that evening, me being thoughtful/caring/nice/polite (like you thought any other :p) I found him on facebook and wrote a message:

"Hi D4,

I promise to never forget your name again

Erica"

I get a nice reply 'Ya, no problem... etc" but then, 2 days later... I get the cutest most perfectly eloquent message asking me out for drinks. This message should be used in some sort of 'How to ask a girl out and get good results' manual. I obviously said yes... though with the exception that we need to hang out at my place because Suicide-Boomer can't handle me leaving just yet. I did JUST get him after all.

Friday, 8pm rolls around. D4 shows up with dog treats. Not only that but fancy dog treats from the posh pet store in Uptown Waterloo. Points man, points. So with Boomer tied to the porch and chasing Squirrels, D4 and I chill out in on the porch enjoying some Stella and Apple Crisp (I made it... you know, just in case... haha, I'm so smooth) After who knows how long, I'm starting to fade, I had gotten up with Boomer at 5am. So I bid adieu to D4 but not before giving him my number (he asked!). We both said we'd like to hang out again , "Ya, maybe for dinner?" (he said) I suggested I could MAKE dinner... "I'm not even going to pretend I can cook so that would be awesome"..... *le sigh*

So it was great! Good convo, loved my apple crisp... no complaints!

Also, this afternoon (not 2-4 days later... what a stupid rule) I got a text saying he enjoyed the evening and is looking forward to next time.

So now I have to figure out what the heck I'm going to cook!! Any suggestions?? I'm thinking spinach & strawberry salad... (AKA 'First Date Salad' as I dubbed it last summer after making it for just about every first date I have)... maybe Butter Chicken? Maybe a pie? Boys love pie... ladies, make pie for your man. It is an easy win.

Boomer actually walked into his crate on his own just now and is having a nap... this is a good sign!

1 comment:

  1. Make homemade Naan with Butter Chicken.. he'll love ya more... oh and try mangos in your salad.

    ReplyDelete