Friday, March 13, 2009

Valedictory Address - The Sequel

As I posted earlier this week, I was a contender for Valedictorian of my convocation.

Well, I got it.

Let me elaborate:

On average, 1200 Engineering students graduate from the University of Waterloo every year. This is a crap load of people. Also consider that each of these students has 2+ family members who attend the convocation. Because this number is so huge, there are 2 ceremonies for us. The first is for the civil, chemical, geo, enviro, mechanical, and mechatronics students and the second is for the electrical, computer, and systems design students. As there are 2 ceremonies, there are 2 valedictorians. One chosen from each group. I am thrilled to have been chosen to speak to the first group. There will be close to 700 people at the ceremony. 700 people I have to speak in front of. Excuse me while I crap my pants.

I was going to post the whole thing here but I had some discomfort about it. If you would like to see it, by all means send me an email and I will fire it your way.

I am SO excited. My parents had better make it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation!!!! That's awesome:)

    ReplyDelete