Monday, October 06, 2008

Pinnacle

WHAT a weekend!

Details:

You could say it started early-ish with a trip to the arena for lunch-time skating and then a lunch date. I had to work for the rest of the afternoon but my job is pretty decent so no complaints there.

Friday evening was supposed to include dinner with my old roommate and his gf but they decided to cancel at the last minute. Little does Pie-man know I made his favourite, lasagna. Hah, sucker! As they had canceled last minute, all of the food was already prepared. Big dinner for small group (2) really isn't so bad. Ate LOTS but drinking followed so probably for the best. Details on food at the end!

After dinner we joined up with the Pub Crawl, ALWAYS a fun time. Though, never the same without BBomb. Dancing and kareoke and drinking and good company. What more do you need in a pub crawl?

Saturday... SATURDAY!
Saturday, October 4th, 2008. May this day go down in history as one of the best.

WORK WINE TOUR!!
The PTSL crew headed out to Niagara-On-The-Lake and toured the region for the day. 4 different wineries, tastings at each, delicious lunch, great company. What more can I ask for? Well, the 8 bottles of wine I bought helped... and the 15 different tastings...

Ok so Saturday looks pretty good so far. I probably just came home and went to bed early after such a long day. LIES! I DID NO SUCH THING!

But wait Erica, what could make this day better? What could be more fun than free booze, beautiful scenery, and good company?

Well, WELL. Let me tell you.

After the wine tour I headed into Toronto with a pair of tickets to see not just my favourite NHL team play... BUT BOTH OF MY FAVOURITE TEAMS PLAY EACH OTHER!! Yep, Detroit played Toronto and I was there and it was glorious. I was bouncing the whole time.

Drinks and a nice walk in the city ended off my night. What a day.

Back to the food part:

Lasagna is easily my favourite thing to make/eat. I like to think I'm pretty good at it and I've gotten good reviews. My issue is that it's just about the same everytime. I want to change it up. Ideas? Thoughts? I'm currently at homemade sauce with ground beef, onions, garlic, zuccini, other veggies I have on hand (carrots, peppers, etc). I then layer noodles, sauce, cheese (cheddar and mozza), sometimes spinach. I haven't added cottage cheese because I don't especially like it. Is ricotta any good? What can I do so jazz up my lasagna?

I did try once and it tunred out quite nice. I made a veggie lasagna full of roasted red and green peppers. It was so simple but had an awesome flavour. Also not too shabby on the health side of things.

I'm making dinner on Wednesday and I'm planning a bit of an 'ultimate guy' meal. Naturally I'm serving steak and potatoes but haven't determined how I will prepare either and what else I will serve. Ideas welcome!

Jst realized I used the word 'favourite' a lot here, that's a good sign.

1 comment:

  1. Try ground turkey rather than ground beef. Yes ricotta is good. Add four cheese italiano to the ricotta too make it gooey and cheese but only do one layer in the middle so it's not overwhelmly cheesy unless you like it that way.

    You could also try a white sauce instead of red and add chicken with asparagus, brocolli, peppers anything really!

    ReplyDelete