Tuesday, April 08, 2008

No patricular theme...

My days of busy/crazy work are over today, I should be able to sit at my desk for more than 20 minutes at a time now. This means more posting! (HIP HIP HURRAY!! - I know you all said it too)

This morning I had an internal argument that I have had way too many times: cost vs. health. I of course mean eating out. I don't have a lunch today because I haven't been home long enough to make anything and I HATE sandwiches. Thus I must pick something up for lunch. I of course want to eat something good but it's going to cost me!! Yesterday I had a few errands to run and some necessary things to pick up (underwear, soap, etc - NECESSITIES!!!) well... $100 later... I have everything. How did I blow that on pretty much NOTHING!! That underwear better be the greatest stuff I've ever had... Now today I just renewed my passport, another $100 out the window. Everything I bought yesterday and today was completely necessary but come on now, that is just unreasonable. I suppose I am put slightly at ease by the fact that I am working a few extra hours and my tax return will be here soon.

So that's the first half of the cost vs. health battle. The health part is pretty obvious. I have been busting my butt at the gym but I'm only putting in a little effort on the health side. I feel like if I really kicked up my healthy food intake I would be having much greater success. Oh crap....I just had a thought that I have had way too many times in the past month.

I have to give up french fries.

If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life, there is no question AT ALL that it would be french fries.

Let's try 1 week. Seriously, I'm at everyday right now. Next Tuesday I will try to post and hopefully I will be able to say I haven't had one of those devil sticks all week.

This is the hardest thing I've ever done.... Engineering is easy compared to what I'm about to embark on. Here goes nothing....

1 comment:

  1. More time to post also means more time to write your pen pal a letter...:)

    ReplyDelete