Wednesday, March 12, 2008

As it is a slow day at work, I find myself doing what I ALWAYS do when it's a slow day. I'm planning trips. Trips that I'll never take.

It is looking like I'll have 2 weeks off at the end of April to cover the intense overtime I'll be working over the next 3 weeks. Well what the hell am I going to do? Pissing the time away in Waterpoo does not sound appealing and so I move on to more exotic, romantic, exciting adventures.

Most elaborate: Singapore
Cost: Way too much
Pros: I have a friend there right now, I really have no idea what I would do there. But it would be grand
Cons: Price, my mom would flip


Next in line: Europe
Cost: Not as much... mildly affordable
Pros: Fly into London, parade around there, go to Paris, forget about everything here
Cons: My mom would flip, many people will be going once we graduate so I should probably go then

Next up: Hot hot hot
Cost: ditto as above
Pros: it's been winter for way too long and there's WAY too much snow here (when there's more snow here then there is at home, something is wrong)
Cons: I'm taking this trip next reading week

Lastly: Road trip to: Halifax, Winnipeg, etc
Cost: Decent, affordable
Pros: See the last part of Canada that I have not seen yet/hang out with my old friends for more than a few hours
Cons: Lots of driving

Also, a common 'con' here is that I have no one to go with. Minor detail.

Why do I feel so much pressure from my mom to save save save and take these trips later? I don't really have much of a 'later'. So I take a trip after I graduate and then what, never again? I suppose that's how she sees it. Also, it seems as though she would not approve of me getting a line of credit or similar. Why am I making these decisions based on her?

Because she's my mom and if she's mad at me... I might as well be dead for all the suffering I will endure.

2 comments:

  1. iqYou can never travel enough! I say take the line of credit and enjoy your trips! Just make sure you buy your mom something nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Marcia! Travel now...if you keep putting it off, next year, next year, it may never happen! Do it now while you can!!! And then take lots of pictures and blog about it so I can live through you :)

    ReplyDelete