Friday, January 25, 2008

Les pros et cons de my job

Enough crappy surveys that are cop-out excuses for a real blog post.

For the first time since I started university.... FIVE YEARS AGO... I have a co-op placement in Waterloo.

Pros of this workterm:
I didn't have to move. I packed for Christmas holidays, came home, voila my house was perfectly set up as I had left it. This was wonderful as I have moved...13 times since I started school. Yep, not sweet.

I know where everything is. There is no exploring necessary.

The grocery stores are open 24 hours around here. What a novel idea... and useful.

I can take the bus to work. I have a school issue bus pass that I pay for anyway, no driving to work, yay environment!

Lots of friends around, and easy to get to. You can walk anywhere in Waterloo so you can always walk to see your friends... or take the bus. w00t

I work at the school, lots of friendly people here, double w00t

I go to school everyday... just like when I'm IN school... but THEN I come home... and I DON'T HAVE HOMEWORK. What a fabulous feeling.

From that last point... I have lots of free time!
I can exercise, bake, cook, whatever. It all fits.

Les cons de my workterm:
The sidewalks of Waterloo are not ploughed frequently enough.

I miss my friends

I also miss having NEW things to do. I find I'm just doing the same things I've always done in Waterloo

The school is kind of gloomy. Especially in Engineering. The building aren't very attractive... everyone is in sweatpants and dorky. I guess that's engineering though.

As I work in a grad office, everyone sort of works on their own things so there is no social interaction, that's the best part of coming to work!

Overall, I feel that it is a pretty decent co-op term. It's been nice to focus on work and play rather than settling and adjusting to a new environment. I will try to iron out my 'cons' as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment