Tuesday, May 15, 2007

High five to Carmen for being bored enough at work to write a blog and thus inspire me to blog... instead of being on facebook. Woo!

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I have nothing to read. I usually have something lined up to read next or I'm reading 3 books at once so there's still 2 more to finish. Not this time. In the past few months I have read the following:

Tusday's With Morrie
The 5 People You Meet in Heaven
For One More Day (all 3 by Mitch Albom)
Children of Men - P.D. James

I just finished Children of Men the other day and as a side note - read it! I started watching the movie on the weekend (after I finished the book) and what a difference! I've only started watching the movie so I don't know much about it but I can say so far that they might as well have different titles. I always enjoy the book more though... that's just me... and if you're not a reader then... enjoy the movie?

Back to my point. I have nothing to read. I have a void that falls right between getting into bed and falling asleep. I have been reading and re-reading cookbooks (the Joy of Cooking is a WEALTH of knowledge!) but that can only take me so far.

I need something to read! Please recommend something! I enjoy most popular fiction. Some books that I have enjoyed in that past are 'Memoirs of a Geisha', 'Joshua Then and Now', and the ones I've stated above.

I'm also considering having my mom send me my Harry Potter books so I can re-read them before the new one comes out this summer. I can't wait!

p.s. Memoirs of a Geisha the movie cannot be compared to the book. The book is a historical crockpot of the Geisha traditions. It is long but once you get started you won't be able to stop.

1 comment:

  1. carmen10:55 AM

    High Five back at Erica for being on work term and posting regularily, thus helping me in my boredom!!

    As you already know I'm more of the fluff reader then the popular fiction like you but if you want to try something 'fluffier' that is not yet romance, grab the Sophia Kinsella's Shopaholic Series as well as her Undomestic Goddess & Can You Keep a Seceret(this one's my fav), if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete