Monday, September 18, 2006

Today was so very busy at work. I didn't have a chance to sit down and breath until almost 3:00. Not bad considering I finish work at 4. The day flew by and before I knew it I was on my way home! 2 stops: gas (yay 79.9!!) and bank (yay 2 late paychecks and some cahs to deposit! - YAY MONEY!). All in all today was pretty good.

Once I got home I watched Rachael Ray's new talk show. I have concluded after one episode that I think I like this show, she talks over her guests, I want to be just like her. I think I have the overly happy, super fast nonsense chatterbox going for me already. Superstardom here I come!

Eventually my landlord got home and decided that we should all have dinner together. That is myself, Liz, Mark, and Fred (LL). It turned out so great! There was BBQ chicken, french bread, salad, corn on the cob and... crab legs!! Only for Fred and I as we dibbed them a few days ago. In any case it was a really great meal and we all worked together to make it. Oh yes and we had dack-er-eees (I have NO idea how to spell that!). In any case it was way fun to chill out with everyone. I'm pretty lucky to live with some great people.

Now, after all the dishes and clean up (did I mention I also made muffins?) I am sitting on my couch chillin out before I go to bed. At this point in my life I am used to being alone often, especially on workterm. Friends and boyfriends are most often a weekend thing and family is no where to be seen. I'm not sure if I'm completely happy with it or if I will start to feel lonely as the term progresses - or if I'm lonely already. I think it is to my benefit that Liz is here because she is good company and is usually around during the week. Otherwise it sometimes gets hard to plan the weekends as there is so much to do and so many people to see. During school it's easier because I see my friends everyday and so going out isn't such a big deal. I find on workterm I spend more time getting ready to go out and more time getting things ready when people come over. Is it just because I have more free time and feel the need to fill it or because I miss out on all the primping and busying during the term - OR is it that I am just more concered with what others will think now that there is more time? I'm not sure. I've been baking so much lately and I think it's because I don't like to go to bed after spending the whole evening in front of the tv - baking seems to make me feel productive and useful.

In any case, it is bedtime. I hope I sort out all my confusion eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment