Thursday, April 13, 2006

The greatest addition to my cooking portfolio has come in a black box with pink stickers. I am the proud owner of a KitchenAid Stand up mixer in baby pink. It is gorgeous and wonderful and I will thank my mother every day for letting me have it. My cooking can only go uphill from here. Too bad it weighs about 35 pounds. I guess I can exercise off all of the weight I will gain from all the baking I will be doing. Kharma.

Tomorrow is a day off and I'm going to bake for the first time in 2 weeks. Normally I don't go more then a day or 2 without baking but I've been so busy moving around and re-locating for work that I just haven't had time. So on the menu for this weekend is a gluten-free mixed berry pie and enough shortbread to fill my car. Now the pie is kind of a cheater thing because I bought frozen pie crust but gluten free pasty is SO hard to make. I will get it one of these days, for now this will do. My mom sent me her cookie press (if you don't know what that is go here )so I will be using that for my shortbread.

Otherwise life is pretty dandy. I was suddenly moved to a new work site for the last three weeks of my placement but it's not so bad, I get to live with my Uncle and his family. The job pays way more too so it's a nice little extra for the end of the term. Though I imagine it will all go towards Florida, oh well. Maybe for once I won't be out of cash at the end of a term.

I haven't tried any new recipes recently but this is my new baby *drool*

Happy Easter and Passover to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment