Wednesday, November 09, 2005

socks

In the process of getting ready for school this morning I took a pair of socks out of the top drawer of my dresser to put on for the day. After which I forgot to close the drawer. On top of my dresser is all my makeup/hair stuff and my mirror so I usually stand there for a few minutes every morning. While getting ready for school (standing in front of my dresser with the top drawer open) a tube of lipstick rolled off the top of the dresser and into the drawer. For some reason I stopped and watched all of this happen. The lipstick rolling, realizing the drawer was open, seeing it land in a cusion of wool and underwear. This was probably the softest landing that my lipstick had ever had. I even stared at it for a few seconds, sitting there amongst my socks and underwear.

If I were to somehow be pushed off something and be falling to my death I hope that I would die halfway down and then have my soul land in a sock drawer somewhere.

I have no idea why I was inclined to write about this today considering I hardly blog anymore anyways. It was just a nice moment that had nothing to do with any other thing that was going on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi one_armed_bandit, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on planning a wedding on a small budget, I ended up on your page. Your socks shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about planning a wedding on a small budget.

    ReplyDelete